Update Your Voting Address
So you just got a new address for college? If so, you should update your voting address to prepare for the 2020 Presidential Election on Nov 3rd! Here’s how (and why).
Why: Every election, officials need the most up-to-date address for you to vote in the right location. This year, it's especially important because your ballot will be mailed in the first week of October in CA. You can still vote in person if you want.
How: You can update your address by re-registering online at the following links (or you can check your status):
- Be sure to include your dorm/apartment number!
- Don’t forget to use your full, legal name.
- Your financial aid will NOT be impacted by your voting address.
- You can learn more about voting in CA here: https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/where-and-how/
Which address do I use?:
If you recently moved to college, you have two options!
- Re-register to vote using your new address. This means they will mail you everything there and you will vote for candidates that represent your new address.
- Request an absentee ballot. This means they will mail you everything to your new address, but you vote for the candidates for back home. Use this link to request one: https://www.vote.org/absentee-ballot/california/ (CA)
If you still have questions about your circumstance, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond as soon as possible and connect you with the right resources and information!